Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Brush Cleaning Routine.

Good Evening!

It's been a while I know, I'm ever so sorry! But today I thought that I would share with you what I do to keep my makeup brushes nice and clean. It is super important that you do this as it can prevent breakouts and removes product buildup and any bacteria that might be on them! I aim to wash mine every 2 weeks as I do not wear makeup every day they don't get overly grimy. If I use them more than that I will obviously clean them more often.

So first things first I fill up a bowl with fresh warm water, grab a couple of towels for any spills, all my brushes and some shampoo. (I also give my tweezers a quick rinse to keep them clean). I normally use baby shampoo and No7. Brush Cleanser, but I didn't have any baby shampoo and completely forgot about my brush cleanser this time... Nice one Mais. So I resorted to using the last little bit of my Aussie Mega Shampoo.




Then I put a little bit of shampoo in the palm of my hand, dip the brush/brushes in the water and swirl them in the shampoo. Once all the product has washed out, I rinse them in clean water and lay them out to dry on one of the towels. I also change the water in the bowl a couple of times. 





(I know the water looks horrid but I had just rinsed all the eyeshadow out of these brushes)


After that I just leave them to dry naturally overnight then fluff them up the next day so they are ready to use again :)

Maisie xx

2 comments:

  1. great post, i always end up being lazy about this and end up using my hands.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! :) I am normally but I have to force myself to do it because my skin breaks out otherwise! xx

    ReplyDelete